Jun 23, 2011

My Strategy

I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you a little about my sweepstakes strategy. It is pretty simple actually, enter sweepstakes that I know about, qualify for, and want to win when I have the time.  Some days I devote only a small amount of time to sweeping because life comes first. So in those instances I go to my favorite sweepstake website Online-Sweepstakes and review and fill out some of the "New Sweeps", "Expiring Sweeps", and "Top 100 Sweeps" and call it a day. This way I figure I hit each daily entry sweepstake I am interested in at least twice (new and expiring) and double check that I didn't miss out on any single entry sweeps.  The Top 100 Sweeps tend to be daily entry sweeps with large prizes (cash, gift cards, vacations, electronics, etc.) so that way I enter each day to increase my odds of winning.

On days when I have even more time to really get "swept away" I turn to my next two favorite sweeping websites: Sweepstakes Advantage (SA) and Giveaways & Sweepstakes (GS).  SA is great for finding the Facebook sweeps and I love the break down by price type. I have a separate sweeping email and Facebook account than the one I use socially. GS usually has a few interesting sweeps that I did not see on the other two sites but it does lack in that there is no break down of eligibility.

Many sweepers have downloaded or use auto-fill programs to speed up the entry process. Currently I do not do this because I share this computer with others in the household but if I manage to snag a new laptop or PC one of these days I will definitely start doing that! I happen to be a very fast typer though so right now it is not a bother. Plus many of the daily entry sweepstakes pre-populate my info anyway so I zip right through them.

As I mentioned I only set out to enter sweeps I actually want to win.  That means I either want the prize for myself, want to give it to a friend or family member, or think I could sell it fairly easy. When I have extra time I will sometimes enter a few single entry sweeps just for the heck of it to spice things up a bit. As for vacation sweeps if the prize does not include transportation and the destination is out of state I only enter if it is a 5 night stay or longer, otherwise I feel like I would be paying more in flight fees than receiving in vacation time.

Unlimited entry sweepstakes annoy me. I hate them. I treat them more like a daily sweepstake and enter the ones I really want to win only once a day and then move on. I could enter more but then I feel like I am putting too many eggs in one basket and not spreading entries around enough.

So that is my strategy so far, I would love to hear all about your sweeping strategy. Leave a comment and tell me how you find and enter your favorite sweeps!

No comments: